Sunday, December 15, 2013

Linux, again.

Over the past few months, I have found myself gravitating more towards linux as my daily use desktop over OS X.  The last time I had run a linux distro was SuSE about 10 years ago on an old Athlon I had from college. My thoughts on SuSE, and linux overall at the time, were that the install was overly complicated and the OS took a good deal of time to maintain. Coming back to Linux from this long hiatus I have noticed many things have changed, but some old issues remain.

I had been content with OS X for years, but the changes since Lion towards heavy iOS integration has bothered me. I don't really like iTunes or the App Store,  and don't intend to purchase any other Apple products. The time was right to at least give Linux another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment